13th Ewha Global Empowerment Program (2017 Winter)
“Transnational Feminisms and Women’s Activism”
January 7 ~ 21, 2018
Ewha Womans University, Seoul, South Korea
Application Submission: March 20 ~ April 9, 2017
Online Submission Only at http://egep.ewha.ac.kr
Program GoalsOn completing this program, participants will have:
- improved their theoretical knowledge and practical capacities from a gender perspective;
- broadened their understanding of women’s lives, women’s issues, and women’s rights in Asian and African contexts; and
- strengthened their feminist leadership capacities to build women’s solidarity and cooperation in local, national, and transnational contexts.
ProgramWhile a more specific EGEP curriculum will be provided separately, the following are the major activities that participants may expect from the program:
- Lecture Seminars
- Study Tours
- Action Plans
- Social Hours
- Group Talk
EligibilityWomen activists working in non-governmental public sectors in Asia and Africa with minimum FIVE years of work experience
Number of Participants : 20~25 for every term of EGEP
Selection CriteriaThe selection committee will evaluate the applicants based on the following criteria:
- field experience 25%
- expertise in women’s issues 25%
- potential as next generation of women leaders 25%
- contribution to the community 25%
Application RequirementsAll forms are downloadable at http://egep.ewha.ac.kr
- Application Form(Online only)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
Selection Requirements : These requirements are only for those who have been notified as selected EGEP participants.
- 5-page paper
Language : English is the official language of the EGEP.
FundingEwha Womans University provides the funding to cover fees for the tuition, dormitory, and a two-week allowance for all the participants. Funds for airfare will be awarded only to the participants from ODA beneficiary countriesPlease note that any other expenses (except those mentioned ahead) should be borne by the selected participants themselves.
Contact UsIf you need any clarification regarding this program, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.