7th Ewha Global Empowerment Program (2014 Winter)
“Asian Feminisms and Transnational Activism ”
January 6 ~ 20, 2015
Ewha Womans University
Asian Center for Women’s Studies, Seoul, South Korea
Application Submission: September 22 ~ Octorber 7, 2014
Program GoalsOn completing this program, participants will have:
- improved their theoretical knowledge and practical capacities from a gender perspective;
- broadened their understanding of women’s lives, women’s issues, and women’s rights in Asian and African contexts; and
- strengthened their leadership capacities to build women’s solidarity and cooperation in local, national, and transnational contexts.
ProgramWhile a more specific EGEP curriculum will be provided separately, the following are the major activities that participants may expect from the program:
- Lecture Seminars
- Open Forum
- Action plans
- Social Hours
- Study Tours to Korean NGOs
- Cultural Events
EligibilityWith minimum three years of experience, women activists who are working in international and national non-governmental public sectors in Asia, such as NGOs, NPOs, civil society organizations, including individuals who are working independently and are interested in various issues on violence against women or human rights, may apply for this program.
Number of Participants : 20~25
Selection CriteriaThe selection committee will evaluate the applicants based on the following criteria:
- field experience 25%
- expertise in women’s issues 25%
- potential as next generation of women leaders 25%
- contribution to the community 25%
Application Requirements- Application Form(Online only)
- Curriculum Vitae (download)
- Statement of Purpose (download)
- Essay (download)
- Letter of Recommendation (download)
Language : English is the official language of the EGEP.
FundingEwha Womans University provides funding to cover fees for the tuition, accomodations, and a two-week allowance for all the participants. Funds for a roundtrip airfare in economy class will be awarded only to the participants from ODA beneficiary countries. No other costs, such as visa fee or domestic transformation, will be covered by Ewha. .
Contact UsFor more information, please visit the website of the organizing institution, Asian Center for Women’s Studies, at http://acws.ewha.ac.kr/eng/ or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EGEP 2014 Summer Program Schedule