6th Ewha Global Empowerment Program (2014 Summer)
“Asian Feminisms and Transnational Activism ”
June 29 ~ July 13, 2014
Ewha Womans University
Asian Center for Women’s Studies, Seoul, South Korea
Application Submission: March 17 ~ 30, 2014
Program GoalsOn completing this program, participants will have:
- improved their theoretical knowledge and practical capacities from a gender perspective;
- broadened their understanding of women’s lives, women’s issues, and women’s rights in Asian and African contexts; and
- strengthened their leadership capacities to build women’s solidarity and cooperation in local, national, and transnational contexts.
ProgramWhile a more specific EGEP curriculum will be provided separately, the following are the major activities that participants may expect from the program:
- Lecture Seminars
- Open Forum
- Action plans
- Social Hours
- Study Tours to Korean NGOs
- Cultural Events
EligibilityWith minimum three years of experience, women activists working in international and national non-governmental public sectors in Asia and Africa, such as NGOs, NPOs, civil society organizations, including individuals working independently are encouraged to apply for this program.
Number of Participants : 20~25
Selection CriteriaThe selection committee will evaluate the applicants based on the following criteria:
- field experience 25%
- expertise in women’s issues 25%
- potential as next generation of women leaders 25%
- contribution to the community 25%
Application Requirements- Application Form (download)
- Curriculum Vitae (download)
- Statement of Purpose (download)
- Essay (download)
- Letter of Recommendation (download)
- A Scanned Copy of Passport(*The Passport must remain valid for at least six months until the expiry date.)
Language : English is the official language of the EGEP.
FundingEwha Womans University provides the funding to cover fees for the tuition, dormitory, and a two-week allowance for all the participants. Funds for airfare will be awarded only to the participants from ODA beneficiary countries.
Contact UsFor more information, please visit the website of the organizing institution, Asian Center for Women’s Studies, at http://acws.ewha.ac.kr/eng/ or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EGEP 2014 Summer Program Schedule