Ewha Global Empowerment Program (2013 Summer)
“Asian Feminisms and Transnational Activism ”
July 3 ~ 16, 2013
Ewha Womans University
Asian Center for Women’s Studies, Seoul, South Korea
Program GoalsOn completing this program, participants of this program will have:
- improved their theoretical knowledge and practical capacities from a gender perspective;
- broadened their understanding of women’s lives, women’s issues, and women’s rights in Asian context; and
- strengthened their leadership capacities to build women’s solidarity and cooperation in local, national, and transnational contexts.
EligibilityWith minimum three years of experience, women activists working in international and national non-governmental public sectors in Asia and Africa, such as NGOs, NPOs, civil society organizations, including individuals working independently are encouraged to apply for this program.
Number of Participants : 20~25
Program ContentsWhile a more specific EGEP curriculum will be provided separately, the following is the major activity that participants may expect from the program:
- Action plans
- Social Hours
- Study tours to Korean NGOs
- Cultural events
Language : English is the official language of the EGEP.
Application Requirements- Application Form (download)
- Curriculum Vitae (download)
- Statement of Purpose (download)
- Essay (download)
- Letter of Recommendation (download)
- A Scanned Copy of Passport(*The Passport must remain valid for at least six months until the expiry date.)
Application requirements should submitted via online (http://egep.ewha.ac.kr).
Submission Date: March 26 ~ April 4, 2013
(Korean local time). Late applications will not be considered.
Selection CriteriaThe selection committee will evaluate the applicants based on the following criteria:
- field experience 25%
- expertise in women’s issues 25%
- potential as next generation of women leaders 25%
- contribution to the community 25%
Successful candidates will be informed individually via e-mail on May 6, 2013.
FundingEwha Womans University provides the funding to cover fees for the tuition, dormitory including a two-week allowance for all the participants. Funds for airfare will be awarded only to the participants from ODA beneficiary countries.
Contact UsFor more information, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EGEP 2013 Summer Program Schedule