Ewha Global Empowerment Program (2012 Winter)
“Asian Feminisms and Transnational Activism ”
January 9 ~ 22, 2013
Ewha Womans University
Asian Center for Women’s Studies, Seoul, South Korea
Program GoalsOn completing this program, participants of this program will have:
- improved their theoretical knowledge and practical capacities from a gender perspective;
- broadened their understanding of women’s lives, women’s issues, and women’s rights in Asian context; and
- strengthened their leadership capacities to build women’s solidarity and cooperation in local, national, and transnational contexts.
EligibilityWith minimum three years of experience, women activists working in international and national non-governmental public sectors in Asia, such as NGOs, NPOs, civil society organizations, including individuals working independently are encouraged to apply for this program.
Number of Participants : 22~25
Program ContentsWhile a more specific EGEP curriculum will be provided separately, the following is the major activity that participants may expect from the program:
- Lectures - Forum
- Action plans
- Study tours to Korean NGOs
- Cultural and social events
Faculty Member- CHANG Pilwha (Ewha Womans University, Korea)
- Kristi POERWANDARI (University of Indonesia, Indonesia)
- KIM Eun-Shil (Ewha Womans University, Korea)
- Saskia E. WIERINGA (University of Amsterdam,Netherland)
- Jyotsna GUPTA (University for Humanistics, Netherland)
- AHN Yonson (University of Frankfurt, Germany)
- CHUNG Hyun Kyung (Union Theological Seminary, USA)
Language : English is the official language of the EGEP.
Application Requirements- Application Form (download)
- Statement of Purpose (download)
- Letter of Recommendation (download)
- Essay (download)
- Curriculum Vitae (download)
- A Scanned Copy of Passport
Application requirements should submitted via online (http://egep.ewha.ac.kr).
Submission Date: September 28 ~ October 10, 2012
(Korean local time). Late applications will not be considered.
Selection CriteriaThe selection committee will evaluate the applicants based on the following criteria:
- field experience 25%
- expertise in women’s issues 25%
- potential as next generation of women leaders 25%
- contribution to the community 25%
Successful candidates will be informed individually via e-mail on November 12, 2012.
FundingEwha Womans University provides the funding to cover fees for the tuition, dormitory including a two-week allowance for all the participants. Funds for airfare will be awarded only to the participants from ODA beneficiary countries.
Contact UsFor more information, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EGEP 2012 Winter Program Schedule