Ewha Global Empowerment Program (2012 Summer)
“Asian Feminisms and Transnational Activism ”
July 5 – 18, 2012
Asian Center for Women’s Studies, Ewha Womans University
Seoul, South Korea
Program GoalsOn completing this program, participants of this program will have:
EligibilityWith minimum three years of experience, women activists working in international and national non-governmental public sectors in Asia; NGOs, NPOs, civil society organizations, including individuals working independently are encouraged to apply for this program.
Number of Participants : 22~25
Program ContentsWhile a more specific EGEP curriculum will be provided separately, the following is the major activity that participants may expect from the program:
Language : English is the official language of the EGEP.
Application Requirements- Application Form (download)
- Statement of Purpose (download)
- Letter of Recommendation (download)
- Essay (download)
- Curriculum Vitae (download)
- A Scanned Copy of Passport
Application requirements should submitted via online (http://egep.ewha.ac.kr).
Submission Date: April 2 ~ 15, 2012 (Korean local time). Late applications will not be considered.
All forms are downloadable at the Asian Center for Women’s Studies (http://acws.ewha.ac.kr).
Selection CriteriaThe selection committee will evaluate the applicants based on the following criteria:
- field experience 25%
- expertise in women’s issues 25%
- potential as next generation of women leaders 25%
- contribution to the community 25%
Successful candidates will be informed individually via e-mail on May 14, 2012.
FundingEwha Womans University provides the funding to cover fees for the tuition, dormitory including a two-week allowance for all the participants. Funds for airfare will be awarded only to the participants from ODA beneficiary countries.
Contact UsFor more information, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty Member- CHANG Pilwha (Ewha Womans University, Korea)
- Saskia WIERINGA (University of Amsterdam, Netherland)
- Mala KHULAAR (Asian Center for Women's Studies, Korea)
- CHUNG Hyun Kyung (Union Theological Seminary, USA)
- KIM Eun-Shil (Ewha Womans University, Korea)
- KANG Sun Mi (Harang Gender Governance Research)
- LEE Myoung Sun (Special Professor of ACWS)
EGEP 2012 Summer Program Schedule